What are Tonsil Stones Intro?
You will hear a lot about tonsil stones, or tonsilloliths. These are the benign build-up of food debris, dead skin cells, and bacteria in the crevices and pockets of the tonsils. They can cause a lot of discomforts, and that is why people want to know Are tonsil stones good or bad?
It goes without saying that anything that is not supposed to grow on your tonsils cannot really be good.
While tonsil stones are not a threat to your health or life, they can cause severe discomfort. However, if the tonsil stones keep growing, the large size can prevent you from swallowing food or even lead to respiratory obstruction. Under such circumstances, tonsil stones can be downright dangerous.
Are Tonsil Stones Good or Bad?
There can be nothing good about a tonsil stone that is leading to bad breath. It can wreak havoc with your social and romantic life. Due to the foul, sulfur-like odor emanating from your mouth, people may give you a wide berth.
4 Ways to Prevent Tonsil Stones
There are some things you can do to prevent tonsil stones from occurring. Here we are listing some effective ways to prevent Tonsil Stones:
- Tonsillectomy: Since people with chronic tonsillitis often get tonsil stones, it may be prudent to opt for tonsillectomy. The surgical removal of the tonsils does not leave any scope for the formation of tonsil stones. Consult your doctor to find out whether you are a good candidate for a tonsillectomy.
- Oral Hygiene: As tonsil stones form due to the accumulation of food particles, bacteria, and dead skin cells, it is important you maintain good oral hygiene. Besides brushing and flossing your teeth, learn to clean your tongue properly to get rid of bacteria on the tongue. Also, rinse your mouth thoroughly with an oral rinse at least once a day.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking causes build up of plaque and tartar on your teeth. These are nothing but oral bacteria, which can migrate from your teeth to your tonsils. Once this happens, it increases the chances of tonsil stones.
- Personal Hygiene: Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before eating and avoid kissing anyone with tonsillitis. This is especially true if you too are prone to tonsillitis. It will minimize the chances of contracting an infection, which can lead to the development of tonsil stones.
Are Tonsil Stones Good or Bad Summary?
Are Tonsil Stones Good or Bad? While what you need to remember is that tonsil stones are not too dangerous or life-threatening, it is best to avoid them from occurring as they can cause a lot of discomforts and reduce the quality of life.
If you suffer from chronic tonsillitis, consult your doctor to find out how you can prevent tonsil stones. Also, maintain optimal oral and personal hygiene as it is one of the best ways to prevent the occurrence of the problem.
Recommended Tonsil Stones Guides
- Banish Tonsil Stones EBook
Eliminate and prevent tonsil stones from recurring safely and naturally. The only holistic system with a 95% success rate, GUARANTEED!
- Tonsil Stones Remedy Forever EBook
A Digital program consisting of a completely safe, cheap and 100% NATURAL way to remove tonsil stones from the comfort of one's home
- Fast Tonsil Stones Cure
Tonsil Stones Expert, Allen Thompson, Reveals How To Cure Tonsil Stones Permanently in 3 Days or Less