Tonsil Stone Removal Methods
There are several treatment protocols for tonsil stones, right from home remedies to medical procedures. Depending on the severity of the symptoms that tonsil stones cause, you can opt for one of the following treatments.If you have severe symptoms, you should not waste time getting treated by a qualified ENT specialist. Always remember that timely treatment is very important, so make sure you consult the specialist timely to prevent the complications and suffering in the future.
You can also go for natural ways to treat the problem as there are many natural remedies available to treat the problem completely.
Nowadays, we can find so many ways to remove the tonsil stones:
- Natural medicines/ ingredients
- No Treatment Option
1. Drugs for Tonsil Stones
Sometimes, the ENT specialist may prescribe antibiotics to treat the infection. Usually, this mode of treatment gets rid of bacteria, which healthcare professionals believe have a major role in the formation and growth of tonsil stones.
The doctors usually Antibiotics for a short period of time. Many times, antibiotics are very effective in a short period. The problem is you have to keep on taking them and prevent tonsillitis comes back and the price of medication is not cheap.
Visit your local doctor or ENT specialist (ENT-Ear, Nose, and Throat).
In some of the worst cases, if the tonsils exceed the limited range size then it may become necessary for the doctor to remove the tonsils by following surgical methods. The most popular Surgical methods for Tonsil Stones:
- Laser Tonsil Cryptolysis
- Coblation Cryptolysis
Since people with chronic tonsillitis often get tonsil stones, it may be prudent to opt for tonsillectomy.
When all other treatment procedures fail to get rid of the severe symptoms that you are experiencing, the ENT specialist will have no other alternative but to surgically remove your tonsils. This removal can be done with the help of a scalpel or laser. Sometimes, even a coblation medical device can be used.
The surgical removal of the tonsils does not leave any scope for the formation of tonsil stones. Consult your doctor to find out whether you are a good candidate for a tonsillectomy.
Laser Tonsil Cryptolysis:
This is a noninvasive laser treatment that gets rid of the pockets and crevices where the tonsil stones are lodged. You needn’t worry as it causes minimal pain. Anyway, the doctor will use local anaesthesia to ensure you enjoy a pain-free treatment session. The downtime after the treatment is minimal.
In this medical procedure, the ENT uses radio waves to change a simple salt solution into charged ions, which adhere to the tonsil tissue and then cut through it. This procedure reduces crevices and pockets on the tonsils and also eliminates tonsil stones. Compared to laser tonsil cryptolysis, coblation cryptolysis does not cause a burning sensation on the tonsils.
3. Natural medicines/ ingredients
- Personal Hygiene: Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before eating and avoid kissing anyone with tonsillitis. This is especially true if you too are prone to tonsillitis. It will minimize the chances of contracting an infection, which can lead to the development of tonsil stones.
- Salt-Water Gargles: When the size of Tonsil Stones are small and detected early then its growth can be apprehended by performing Salt-water Gargles everyday which also eases the discomfort caused by Tonsils. Prepare a solution of water and salt in the ratio 1:1 and gargle it. Gargling your mouth with salt water would disinfect your mouth and help remove bacteria that could cause Tonsil Stones. Do this a few times every day.
- Tongue scraper: Using a tongue scraper to remove the active bacteria that keep building at the back of your tongue every time you brush your teeth. It’s recommended to do this activity every night before you go to bed.
Cleaning tongue as this prevents bacteria from entering into your body.
- Good oral hygiene: As tonsil stones form due to the accumulation of food particles, bacteria, and dead skin cells, it is important you maintain good oral hygiene. Besides brushing and flossing your teeth, learn to clean your tongue properly to get rid of bacteria on the tongue. Also, rinse your mouth thoroughly with an oral mouthwash rinse at least once a day.
Brush your teeth and tongue at least 2 times a day.
- Drink as much water as you can. Increasing your water intake is a great way to prevent the development of Tonsil Stones and will keep your mouth dehydrated. Drinks like soda are known to contribute to the development of Tonsil Stones. So, better avoid them.
- Try to stop junk food, smoking and drinking alcohol as much. Drinks with alcohol in it can leave your mouth dry, which isn’t good if you often experience Tonsil Stones.
Smoking won’t help your situation either. Smoking causes build up of plaque and tartar on your teeth. These are nothing but oral bacteria, which can migrate from your teeth to your tonsils. Once this happens, it increases the chances of tonsil stones.
Avoiding consuming junk food and soft drinks if in case you are having a problem with tonsils.
- Avoid dairy products from your daily diet. Dairy products promote the accumulation of calcium and mucus, which are known tonsilloliths causes.
4. No Treatment Methods:
If the size of Tonsil Stones is too small then it advisable to not to perform any special treatment while take some necessary precautions to avoid its further growth.
Here are 4 other reasons for No Treatment for Tonsil Stones
Bleeding, alright, bleeding is one thing that I scared and might as well for all of you. If we try to eliminate the Tonsil Stones by ourselves, then we have to be careful, we need to know that every person has different tonsil stones size, there is a small tonsil stone, and there are also large tonsil stones.
For those of you who have a small tonsil stone, you may still be able to remove it by yourself, but for those of you who have a large size of a tonsil stone, then you should be careful when you try to pull it out, remember, the large size of tonsil stones can hurt your throat or your tonsils, so beware about doing this thing.
Choking/Gagging is another dangerous thing that can hurt you, did you ever heard about it?
Most people often ask how to Remove Tonsil Stones without gagging, this is because many people got gagging when they tried to pull out the tonsil stones from their tonsil. Until today, actually I have not found exactly the effects of tonsil stones to our bodies (in addition to bad breath and sore throat), but if we want to talk logically then this is the facts.
Tonsil Stones are formed by the remains of the food particles, bacteria and the small particles which set up an object such as a rock and stuck in the tonsils. These materials form the tonsil stones and it’s usually textured so hard as a rock. So, as you have read before, the tonsil stones are made of various materials that are harmful, especially a bacteria and the small particles that may contain substances that are not safe for your body.
Tonsil Stones also smell that was overpowering and very disturbing your life, it’s mean that the tonsil stones must be removed. I do not know is the acid in the stomach can destroy the tonsil stones or not, we know that a stomach acid could be overcome, however, if the stone is too large and tight, I think this is still danger for us.
Can you imaging if the tonsil stones which has removed from your tonsils, then stuck in your throat? I am sure you will fell suffer, you know that most of the Tonsil Stones are not round shaped and not soft textured, mostly looks hard and uneven. This is one of the main points of the dangers things. You have to understand when the tonsil stones are hard and uneven texture is stuck in your throat, then I suggest you contact your nearest doctor!!
Broken Tonsil Stones And Formed A Sharp One
Another danger is a tonsil stone can hurt your tonsils or tongue, let me explain in deeply. When you try to remove a tonsil stone, you are very lucky if you repeal all sections of a tonsil stone that you seek, but if the Tonsil Stones are broken and some others part still stick on your tonsils, then the broken part of a tonsil stone maybe can hurt you. The sharp fracture makes sure you are not comfortable, the most danger is it could hurt your tonsils also tongue or other parts because the broken tonsil stones can be a sharp stone.
That are the dangerous things which can happen to us if we choose the Wrong Methods for Tonsil Stone Removal. Some danger might happen when you try to remove the tonsil stones by yourself or also by a doctor, but if the doctor is doing, then all safety things are more assured than you do it by yourself but do not be afraid because there are still hope to Remove Tonsil Stones by yourselves.
Honestly, I’ve often written about how to get rid of Tonsil Stones independently, example, we can use warm water, using a mixture of lemon & water, using green tea even using our smallest fingers, but are you sure you can do it yourself? Do you already know about the condition and the size of your tonsil stones?