Tonsil Stones Removal via Waterpik
What is a Waterpik?
A Waterpik is a dental tool that supplies pressured stream of water to flush out the infected areas of the mouth. The Waterpik machine was developed to massage the gums in order to make flossing easier. When you use this tool on or around the Tonsil Stones, it often removes them.
You can purchase these oral water irrigators online or in the store, but it is highly recommended that you look for a good one with numerous intensity settings. Also, remember to use the lowest possible setting on your oral irrigator so you can avoid doing harm to your tonsils in the process of trying to carry out the tonsil stones removal
The Waterpik tool can be purchased at local and online stores for around $35. The Waterpik treatment is considered a natural treatment for Tonsil Stones Removal.Oral irrigators like the Waterpik can be very effective when it comes to tonsil stones removal, even though that is not their intended purpose. They are designed for dental treatment
If you have tonsil stones and want to get rid of them because they are causing you pain or discomfort, you will definitely want to consider trying out this method. You can use regular oral irrigators for tonsil stones removal, but you will want to exercise caution when doing so.
The treatment may not be the most comfortable one to carry on but it is an extremely cost efficient and really does remove and clear out those Tonsil stones from your mouth.
More Tonsil Stones Info
4 Steps to Remove tonsil Stones via a Waterpik
- The first step you want to do is set the Waterpik to the level you want to massage the Tonsil Stones and the area surrounding them.
Switch on the oral irrigator to the lowest possible setting.
- Fill up the machine with water. Some people even use warm salt water
Simply open your mouth and place the irrigator inside but not actually touching the stone.
Try to direct the stream of water on the stone while keeping it as steady as you can until the stone is loosened and comes out.
- Aim the irrigator at different stones gently but steadily so that you are able to get them out. If the irrigator is not able to dislodge the stones, you can try using a sterilized bobby-pin or Q-Tip and gentle hook or scrape the stones from the tonsil wall. If you use a bobby pin, it is very important that you use extreme caution so as not to cut your tonsil.
- Keep repeating the above steps until the visible tonsil stones have all been removed. Keep in mind that it will be very important that you are gentle when using the oral irrigator.
Waterpik Remove Tonsil Stones by Waterpik Video
Using Waterpik for Tonsil Stones Concerns
- If you have a gag reflex that is sensitive, this may not be the easier or most comfortable process, but it will get the job done. Not only, but the Waterpik treatment is also very easy for Tonsil Stones Removal, the tool sucks the stones and flushes them out at the same time.
- Since you can injure your tonsil if you set the irrigator on too strong of a setting, it is important that you are careful when doing this.
- If you use a bobby pin, it is very important that you use extreme caution so as not to cut your tonsil.
Alternatives Treatments to the Waterpik Tool
If you don’t want to buy a Waterpik tool, you may then try to try the following tonsil stones home remedy a to help message and pop the Tonsil Stones.
Tonsil Stones Removal by Cotton swabs
Cotton swabs will work but you have to make sure you have one that is strong enough and can apply the pressure to the right areas of Tonsil Stones. You can also try popping them out with your tongue if it is strong and long enough to reach the tonsil stones.
Gargling for Tonsil Stones Removal
Gargling with Luke warm salt water and drinking apple cider vinegar is another best natural treatment for tonsilloliths that have worked for many people. If you want to avoid getting the surgical treatment options, then you must try at least one of these natural remedies. These home remedies are great to try for Tonsil Stones treatment and do not cost any money either.
Tonsillectomy for Tonsil Stones
However, there are few cases where the Tonsil Stones are too large and severe. Next, to the natural options like the Waterpik for Tonsil Stones, the other option is, of course, a tonsillectomy. This treatment guarantees that you do not get Tonsil Stones again. Whatever option you find works the best for you, just make sure about your health and body’s immune system in mind. The better you run your body, the better you feel and tonsilloliths can have a lot of painful side effects that could make the process even more unbearable. It’s always best to recognize the symptoms accurately and choose the appropriate treatment.